Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Myspace: does this NEW profile privacy strategy work for everyone?

Previously, I used the trick of changing one's age to 14 or 15 to get a private profile. Last week, I decided to change back to my real age.



Luckily, my previous private profile settings (which are only for 14 and 15 year olds) stayed the same!! I verified my findings by logging out of myspace, and then trying to look at my profile. Fortunately, it still read "This user's profile is set to private..."! I even checked on another computer, it was the same. Now it's been like that for over a week!



I told my friend, who also had her age as 14, and she switched her profile back to her real age as well. The previous privacy settings remained for her, too!!



Supposedly, myspace retains the privacy settings to protect youngsters who want to change their age to seem older.



My question is: does this privacy method work for everyone? See if it works for you...change your age to 14 or 15, leave it that way for a while, and then switch back to your real age. Do the privacy settings remain?



Myspace: does this NEW profile privacy strategy work for everyone?

well i have a myspace account and on my birthday it said i was 18 which i was 19 so i changed it and it let me it didn't keep the age as 18 but my sis is 15 and her profile isn't private i think what it is, is that the settings weren't changed i don't think it has anythin to do with the age b/c my sis' was never set to private but i will look to check it out and see and i'll email u with my findings if that's ok with u.



Myspace: does this NEW profile privacy strategy work for everyone?

OK your question was way too long for me to read it all, but MySpace does now have a way for anyone to have a private profile, not just 14 and 15 year-olds. You just go to Account Settings and then Privacy Settings.



Also, lying about your age is against the terms of service and can get your account deleted.



Myspace: does this NEW profile privacy strategy work for everyone?

i don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dedicated server